Monday, November 29, 2010
Where to you rate
How do I rate my well being physically, spiritually, and psychologically? I am in pretty good health. This means I do not take prescription drugs prescribed by a physician and I don't remember having a cold or the flu in the last few years. I have my aches and pains and take melatonin at night to sleep. I rarely get headaches. Much of this is due to changing my diet. I rarely eat meat. I have moved to Texas and everyone I know are carnivours. Last night I tried fried aligator and fried pickles. At least I can say I tried them. Tonight I will enjoy steamed carrots with butter and parmesian cheese.My spiritual well being is a work in progress. I say that because I am always seeking and learning more. The layers of spirituality are like an onion, deeper truths are under each layer that is peeled back, thought about, and brought into action until it is not just knowledge but a knowing that I can live by. My psychological well being is better today than when I was in my 20's, 30's, or even my 40's. That is the advantage of growing older. We really do get better. To continue to achieve my goals for wellness I am getting back into my yoga and meditation. I have found that the more organized you are and the less you have the calmer your mind and your reactions. I have not done the relaxation exercise yet so I will blog again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Joyce,
ReplyDeleteI can say that I have never had alligator (not many of them in northern Minnesota), but I would try it if I had the opportunity.
Great post!
Mark
Hi Joyce,
ReplyDeleteWHERE IN TEXAS??? I just moved here 2 months ago myself from California where produce came from my backyard. Here, as you said, everyone is carnivores. I live in Midland where meat is all you see for miles around and iceberg classifies a salad.
Regarding your post, I think you are so correct about spiritual health being like an onion. The layers run deep and every layer brings emotions and a deeper sense of its core.
OVerall, you sound as if you are in great health with your focus on a healthy diet and your goals for destressing your life and obtaining greater spirituality.
Great post!