Monday, November 22, 2010
I have missed the first 2 weeks of class but am almost caught up. I am 53, recently divorced, and have recently moved over 2000 miles away. Last week I drove by myself 2500 miles. What a journey. I went from Washington state to Hollywood Calif to visit my daughter. I then journeyed through Flagstaff Arizonia to Albequerque New Mexico and on to Dallas Texas. I cried tears of homesickness, tears of joy for the beauty that I encountered. I laughed, met some great people and reflected on my past and my future. This week in class we listened to a relaxation exercise. I soo needed that. My path, though windy and long, is also promising and full of hope. I look forward to using this blog and reading the blogs of my classmates. This is my first attempt and I just may keep this going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keep up the good work. Catching up is not easy, but better now than later. I am very proud to hear that you have returned to school, very cool. I am 45 and this is my 4th time returning to school. The first 2 times had to do with playing collage basketball. The third time was financial and the fourth time is having courage to fight a learning disability. I received more help as an athlete, but now since I am paying for my college and online is very challenging. Because I do not have a tutor, it has been challenging, maybe because of the athlete in me, I never find myself give up that easily. I’m not that quick of a reader and I have to re-read thing over and over again until I get an understanding. The pressure sometimes gets the best of me, but I am learning ways to calm myself down. Glad to see you are on a new path. Stay focused and good luck to you along the way.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you had to play the catch up game in your school work but it sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I look forward to reading your blog every week. Maybe if you have some pictures of your journey you can share them I have never been out west and would love to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteHi Joyce,
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you were able to get some positive components from the Journey On activity as it sounds like it was needed due to your schedule.
Thanks for sharing!
Mark