Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Thanksgiving
It's the holidays. I am tired. I am happy. Two daughters are downstairs making pumpkin rolls, used to be my job. My son-in-law is making the turkey and stuffing. Grown children can make life so much more enjoyable. I do miss my 3 children that live in Washington and my 3 grandchildren. This is my first holiday in Texas. This year was the first time I travelled by car, by myself 2500 miles. This is the first year I went to the Hawaiin Islands. This is the first year that I gave away all my treasures and each item I gave more freedom was given to me. With each item that I gave more of myself became whole. Stuff sure has a way of holding a person back and may hold them down in more ways than we know. I can miss family and be full of joy. I can be hesitant of the unknown and still move towards it. My life will continue in a way that is new, exciting, scary, and I'm going to make it the best that I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment