Friday, December 10, 2010

the suble mind

The suble mind exercise was a practice that allowed me to see the vastness of my inner life.  Doing the loving kindness exercise I began to see how vast the heart and ability to love really is.  The suble mind exercise had the same feeling.  With loving kindness there was intention to do.  With the suble mind their was intention to just be.  When we open our hearts and minds to see more than our mental thoughts we open ourselves to a greater purpose and our fears and frustrations are seen as limited, not forever.  Spiritual wellness will release a harmonious balance that can heal us from the cellular level to our emotional and mental capabilities.  We become grounded.  When our lives become chaotic we can balance ourselves, see the chaos without being attatched and grabbing on to the drama.  I sure could have used this when I was raising my children, 1 boy and 5 girls.  The drama that filled our lives. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved how you said that with the loving kindness exercise the purpose was to do, but the subtle mind exercise purpose was to just be. That is an excellent way to think of it. If I think of it in those terms, I have a difficult time if I try to "just be". My mind wanders too quickly and I can't focus. This would be an exercise that I would really have to work at to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 Girls! Wow! I just had my first girl and I am hoping that she is much less dramatic than I was. Maybe you should share your wisdom and write a book about raising 5 girls....I would definintely buy it. Great comments about the subtle mind exercise. I especially like your comment about "just being"--this act is sometimes difficult to achieve. There is something to be said for being able to sit back and just observe. Too many times we want to impart our emotions and views before we think. It is refreshing to just take a back seat sometimes. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Being able to control the chaos that occur in our daily lives and not having them control us, will certainly reduce the risk of becoming stressed.

    Life experiences bring about many challenges, and it takes a clear mind to keep us balance and focus. I wish that I knew about these practices earlier in my life, I could have avoid becoming a victim of severe migraines.



    I do have love for myself and it is this loving feeling that I am now projecting through my consciousness outward to others. It helps to release body fatigue brought on my stress.

    ReplyDelete