Monday, December 6, 2010

loving kindness

Today's loving kindness exercise was deeper and less tears were shed.  I still don't feel like "I've got it" but while I just enjoy the feelings of love and kindness my hope is that my inner work will show in my outer world.  Today I am not devastated that I did very poorly on my midterm for my other class.  I studied, I wrote notes, I did all that I could.  I am quite shocked that my frame of mind is at peace and there isn't an inner dialog of negativity.  Life goes on and I wish all of you inner peace.  May love and kindness touch you today.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that with my returning to school experience that I had to set other things aside and concentrate on my studies and my work. Work produces the monetary needs to complete my present adventure with school and the school will produce a better menas of producing the monetary means to live happier and more bountiful upon completeion. My advice would be to clear everything else for the time being and concentrate on what is immediately important of now. Last term I had a class that was driving me crazy as your's is now. Work on the inner calm and inner happiness and the rest will fall into place. You need to understand that you are the most important part of the equation and the rest is just "STUFF". Concentrate on you and the rest will take care of itself. Using mediatation and relaxation helps and I also found that by incorporating a nice, hot bubblebath with a glass of wine or fruit cider helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making big changes in ones' life will bring its obstacle and challenges. Fostering and adhering to new behaviors are difficult at first, but with regular practice the become second nature.

    I believe using time managment techniques such as organization and prioritization will help you with your studies. I have used these techniques myself and I can see the difference not only in my course work but also in my attitude.

    Make a "To-do list" of your course deadlines is one way of becoming organized. This also will reduce/ and or eliminate stress.

    ReplyDelete