Friday, December 3, 2010

loving kindness

This weeks loving kindness CD was an experience that not only released many of my feelings of homesickness but also released my feelings of pain and rejection from others and a release of worry for the suffering of those close to me.  I am better able to be of help to those in need when I am not so overwelmed with my own worry and suffering of what they are going through.  I can think clearer. 
This is an expantion of many years of work and searching.  My sister has a masters in counseling.  She has counseled many people around the world.  My sister has been teaching counsciousness for over 50 years.  I was taught as a child that when you are sick you must look at what has been going on in your life.  My father was taught this from his father.  Life can interrupt the most devout was continueing the path of spirituality.  Making a living, children and family can challenge.  It is easy for us to forget the inner life when the demands outside of ourselves are great.  I am 53 and know that as we get older our outside demands are less and we can explore and dig deeper within ourselves.
Intentions and follow through with actions are necessary components to implement mental workouts.  It is a foreign concept to many of us in the western culture.  When we reach the point in our lives that our intentions and actions are the same, and as we continue to see the truth in this journey, our mental workouts will be as much a part of our lives as breathing.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you have benefited quite a bit from the loving kindness practice. I am very happy for you. I also think that your background and what you were taught must have contributed to being very receptive to the loving kindness practice. Thank you for sharing what this practice has done for you, ti certainly gave me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subrina,
    It is amazing how when we learn to recieve love and believe that there are others who truly love us and that we can love in return, a relaxation and rejuvination comes over us. Also, I completely agree with you that when we as people are not overwhelmed by fears, frustrations, or even everyday life, we are able to better focus on those around us and show them the level of love, kindness, and support we desire to show them.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete