Monday, January 3, 2011

unit 7

I met my wise and loving sister.  She has been my mentor for many years.  This experience brought me to a deeper awareness of my inner self.  It has been awhile since I was so relaxed, calm, and present.  I am finding that my spiritual wellness is more than a routine or daily practice.  It is a time that I look forward to each day.  This practice also leads me to enjoy the benefits of eating better, exercising more, and enjoying life more.  The other day my daughter said "Your always laughing and seem so happy", I just said thank you.  Until I can "know" the benefits of meditation, healthy eating, etc., and have made them a part of my life I cannot honestly, sincerely, and confidently express their importance to another.  I am obligated to do as I wish others to do.  The cliche "do as I say, not as I do" never worked for a parent to a child and will not work for a client.  Finding what works for me and then continuing to use that technique or tool is the first step.  At some points in life meditation can be accomplished through exercise, dance, creativity.  At other times in life meditation works best in solitude.  Being willing to find what works and being flexible may just be the key to continuing.

1 comment:

  1. It is a beautify thing to hear someone say to another “you are always laughing and seem so happy”, what more can you be. I also experience a mentor in our exercise. It was my great, great, great, grand mother. She has visited me more than on in a few mediations. At first I could not make since of it until I want to a 4-day mediation class seven years ago and the instructor asked me to say after class. She asked me what my experiences was and I don’t her about this old woman I keep seeing. The instructor explained it is your grandmother 3 generations on you fathers side. It blew me away. A few days later I ask my dad a few questions about my family history and he told me who my grandmother was. She was an Indian medicine woman and her name is Victoria. I didn’t tell him why I was curious until later. He was also surprised. Since than, I know she is trying to contact me and I have always had trouble staying connection to her. I am still working on it. This class has been a tremendous help in this process. I am still a little freaked out about it, but it was good to see her again. I too will continue to practice not only to contact my grandmother more, but for the self-healing. I have a lot of history I am trying to let go of because it is causing so much fear to be successful. What is it they say about fear, False Evidences Appearing Real. Tell your sister I said hello….(smile)

    ReplyDelete