Friday, January 21, 2011

A reassessment

How do I rate my well being physically, spiritually, and psychologically today?  I am still in pretty good health.  This means I do not take prescription drugs prescribed by a physician and I don't remember having a cold or the flu in the last few years.  I have my aches and pains and take melatonin at night to sleep.   I have not eaten fried alligator or fried pickles again. At least I can say I tried them.  Tonight I will enjoy steamed carrots with butter and parmesan cheese. My spiritual well being is a work in progress. I am more aware of the depth of my inner life.  This class has increased my motivation for making my inner growth a major part of my life..  My psychological well being is better today than when I was in my 20's, 30's, or even my 40's.  Much of my inner growth is coming from my inner healing.  Many of my painful past experiences are being brought into the light of day.  I am beginning to deal with them and let them go.  A very wise person told me a very simple truth.  I was frustrated and finally said “what does letting go really mean”?  She thought, and quietly said “you choose what to make important.  Make something else more important than the pain.  What did you learn from the experience?  How will you avoid making the same mistake again?”  I have more choices.  I can make the pain important or I can make the lesson important.  That is how you let it go.  I am in a better place today.   I am getting back into my yoga and meditation and I really wish I could continue this class.  Wishing everyone the greatest of journey’s.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog most relating. I too wish that I could continue this class, just simply to have a positive attribute to continue my life's changes. It is so important to have positive attributes and individuals that back what you are doing in your life, because it keeps your mind on the same track. I see that since your last goals until now you really are on the right track and changing your life for the better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete